Wednesday 29 June 2011

The Celebration of Darren Connor's life.


Today Darren was laid to rest and everyone celebrated his life in a fantastic get together held at The University of Cumbria's Brampton Road Campus. The Place looked INCREDIBLE! Lecturers and a couple of Students stayed up until around 2.30am decorating the refectory and I think they done a fantastic job.


This was just a small selection of Darren's belongings.


The Tribute Wall that has been created. It will changed into a more permanent state by the time the next term begins.


Refreshments and a stage welcome for anyone to use.


A very large image of Darren made of lots of A4 pieces of paper and a vast amount of film posters as a tribute to the Film Lecturer.


Extra Extra large film posters were hung at the end of the refectory, they looked really good and are going to stay there for a short while.


Movie Confetti was sprinkled on all of the tables today as well, looked really cool and finished everything off. Darren Would've loved it.


A Permanent version of this is going to be made and put outside the Uni. Fantastic idea I think :)


Film Reel


Darren always loved the Muppets. Here's Gonzo :)


Haha Here's Ed and the Storm Trooper. Ed's face says it all :)




Well, That's it Darren. I hope you liked your send off today, I thought there was nothing else that could've been done to make it better than it was. It was nice to see how many peoples lives you've touched, there were TONS of people there.

Well done for all you achieved in a life cut short, it was a pleasure to be taught by you, so much so I looked at you as a friend. I'm sat watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The one film that reminds me of AS Film Studies and your Brilliantly enthusiastic personality which lit up any room when you walked in. you always made me laugh and made me realise my love for films.

Thank you for everything friend

Miss you

Steph xxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your friend got the send off he deserved, and I think if he could read it, he would love your blog, and i'm very sure he was glad to have you as his friend. X

    ReplyDelete